Realtek Digital Output Has No Sound [Fixed]
Many Realtek audio device users are having problems with producing sound through the Realtek Digital Output. When it is set as the default device, the sound from the speakers connecting to their computer cannot work properly.
If you are having this issue, not to worry. The following methods can help you bring the sound of your speakers back.
In fact, it may not be necessary for you to use Realtek Digital Output. Digital Outputs refer to high definition digital audio devices, which do not use regular (analog) cables to connect to computers. For example, a TV with an HDMI connection, or a high definition audio system, like a home theater system, uses the digital output.
So if you are using regular speakers and you (or your computer) have set Realtek Digital Output as Default Device, the sound of your computer may not be able to play normally. You should set the Speakers as Default Device to get the normal sound. To do so:
1) Right-click on the speaker icon on your taskbar, and then select Playback devices.
2) In the Sound window, select the Playback tab, right click on Speakers, and then select Set as Default Device.
3) Hit OK.
Your speakers are now set as the default audio output device. If this method works for you, you will hear the sound of your computer from your speakers again.
You may be using a wrong or outdated audio driver if there is no sound from your Realtek Digital Output. You should update or reinstall the Realtek audio driver to see if this fixes the problem.
One easy and credible way to do so is to use Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can download and install your drivers by using either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and Install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and hit the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click on the Update button next to the Realtek audio device to download the latest and credible driver for it. You can also hit Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click on Update All).
You can also uninstall the Realtek audio driver using Driver Easy (also the Pro version required). This is very useful especially when you are trying to reinstall the driver. To uninstall the driver with the Pro version of Driver Easy:
1. Open Driver Easy and select Tools.
2. Select Driver Uninstall. Then select your Realtek audio device in the list of devices and click on the Uninstall button. The driver will be removed very soon.