Best Fix to api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing System Error
When you try to open a program or a file on your Windows computer, you may get the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error. The complete error message is saying:
The program can’s start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Don’t worry. You’re not alone. Many Windows users are reporting it. But the good news is you can fix it.
Why does api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing?
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is including in Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. If there’s no this software, or your existing one is missing, incompatible or corrupted, you could probably then encounter this problem.
How do I fix the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error?
IMPORTANT: Do not download dll file from any dll download website! Not only the dll files on them are not up-to-date, but also the source isn’t approved. And there are other reasons your should not do that. But if you have already downloaded one, please remove it completely.
Since the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is including in the software, We can solve this problem through (re)installing the software. Here’re two ways for you to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. Choose any one you prefer.
Microsoft has built Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 in Windows Update KB2999226. So you can install it through Windows Update.
1) Type Update in the search box from Start. Then click Check for updates (Windows 10) or Windows Update (Windows 7) from the result.
2) Click Check for updates .
Windows should then check for updates automatically.
3) If you use Windows 10, Microsoft will install the detected updates automatically;
If you use Windows 7, click Install Updates.
4) Restart your computer. Then repeat the steps above again until no more updates are available.
5) Open the same program or the file to see if the problem is solved.
If unfortunately not, go on with Way 2 to download the software directly.
1) Go to Microsoft Download website.
2) Click Download.
3) Select your system type x64 or x86(x32), then click Next.
NOTE: If you’re not sure what system type your Windows runs, check like these: type system in the search box from the Start menu, then click System Information (Windows 10) or System (Windows 7) from the result. You should then see your system type in the open window.
4) It should then start to download the file.
5) When it’s done, double-click the downloaded .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation.
That’s all there is to it.
Any questions please feel free to leave comment below, thanks.