api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Download & how to fix it if it’s missing
Best Fix to api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing System Error
When you fail to open a program or a file on your Windows computer, and you’re seeing this error: The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem, it could be super frustrating.
But there’s no need to panic. You’re not the only one. In this article, you’re relieved to know it’s easy to fix. Read on and find how…
Why is api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing?
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is including in Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. If there’s no this software, or your existing one is missing, incompatible or corrupted, you could probably then encounter this problem.
How do I fix the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error?
Since the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is including in the software, we can solve this problem through (re)installing the software:
- Install the software via Windows update
- Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft directly
- Repair the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your computer
- Bonus Tip
Microsoft has built Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 in Windows Update KB2999226. So you can install it through Windows Update.
- Type Update in the search box from Start. Then click Check for updates (Windows 10) or Windows Update (Windows 7) from the result.
- Click Check for updates .
- Windows should then check for updates automatically.
If you use Windows 10, Microsoft will install the detected updates automatically;
If you use Windows 7, click Install Updates.
- Restart your computer. Then repeat the steps above again until no more updates are available.
- Open the same program or the file to see if successfully. If you open the program successfully, great! If the error still exists, don’t worry, there’s something else you could try…
You could choose to donwload the software directly from the official Microsoft website. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Microsoft Download website.
- Click Download.
- Select your system type x64 or x86(x32), then click Next.NOTE: If you’re not sure what system type your Windows runs, check like these: type system in the search box from the Start menu, then click System (Windows 10) or System Information (Windows 7) from the result. You should then see your system type on the pop-up window.
- It should then start to download the file.
- When it’s done, double-click the downloaded .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation.
- Open the same program or the file to see if successfully. If you open the program successfully, great! If the error still exists, don’t worry, move onto Way 3.
If you already have the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your computer, you can try to repair it to solve this problem.
Follow these steps:
- Type control in the search box from the Start menu. Then click Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features under the Small icons pane.
- Click Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, then Change.
- Click Repair.
- Click Yes when prompted by User Account Control and continue to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair.
Updating drivers should always be your go-to option when something goes wrong with your computer or system. Whether you choose to update the device drivers manually, using Windows Update, or you use a trusted third party product, it’s essential that you have the latest correct device drivers for your operating system at all times.
If you’re not comfortable playing with device drivers, we recommend using Driver Easy. It’s a tool that detects, downloads and (if you go Pro) installs any driver updates your computer needs.
To update your drivers with Driver Easy, just click the Scan Now button, then when it lists the drivers you need to update, click Update. The correct drivers will be downloaded, and you can install them – either manually through Windows or all automatically with Driver Easy Pro.