Easy to Fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing System Error
When you try to open a program or a file on your Windows computer, you may get api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error. Don’t worry. You’re not alone. Many Windows users are reporting it. But the good news is you can fix it.
Why it happened & How do I fix it?
This error is usually cause by the missing Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your Windows. You can solve the problem through installing the software.
Here is two ways for you to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. Choose any one you prefer.
Microsoft has built Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 in Windows Update KB2999226. So you can install it through Windows Update.
1) Type Windows Update in the search box from Start. Then click Windows Update or Check for updates from the top.
2) Click Check for updates .
3) Click Install Updates.
4) Restart your computer. Then repeat the steps above again until no more updates are available.
5) Open the same program or the file to see if the problem is solved.
If it isn’t, go on with Way 2 to download the software directly.
1) Go to Microsoft Download website.
2) Click Download.
3) Select your system type x64 or x86(x32), then click Next.
4) It should then start to download the file.
5) When it’s done, double-click the downloaded .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation.
That’s all there is to it.
Any questions please feel free to leave comment below, thanks.