“Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware” Error on Windows 10 [Solved]
If you’re trying to play games on Windows 10, and you’re seeing this error saying Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware, you’re not alone. Many Windows users are reporting it. But the good news is you can fix it easily by yourself.
How do I fix it?
Here’re 2 fixes you can try to solve this issue. Try the Fix 2 if the Fix 1 doesn’t work.
This problem is probably caused by the corrupted or demaged system files.
To recover your system files:
1）Type cmd in the search box from Start. Then right-click on Command Prompt to select Run as administrator.
Click YES when prompted by the User Account Control.
2) Type sfc /scannow and press Enter. Wait for the scanning till 100% complete.
3) Type the following commands and press Enter after each.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
4) Reboot your Windows 10 and run your game software to see if it works.
The problem could be also due to the old or incorrect display driver on your Windows 10. Update the driver may resolve the issue.
To update the display driver, you can choose to download the latest one from your display adapter manufacturer’s website, such as Intel, AMD, NVIDIA… But that’s really time-consuming. If you are not a tech savvy, I highly recommend you use such nice driver tool — Driver Easy.
1) Click Scan Now. It will quickly detect all drivers problems of your computer.
2) For its Free Version, Driver Easy will offer the latest display driver for you to install. And you can update the drivers one by one.
But if you upgrade to PRO Version, all your drivers would be updated in one click — Update All.
3) Reboot your Windows 10 and run your game software to see if it works.