ASUS Laptop Drivers Download & Update
Downloading and updating drivers for desktops could be so much different from that for laptops: the later has more accurate demands for the drivers required for its working environment.
As such, to update and download drivers for your ASUS laptop requires a certain level of searching and computer skill, without which, you might find it of great difficulty to complete the journey.
But no worries at all, we are here to guide you through the whole process of downloading and updating the device drivers for your ASUS laptop from the very beginning. Just read along!
- Download and Update Drivers via Device Manager
- Download and Update Drivers via ASUS Support
- Update Drivers Automatically (Recommended)
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X at the same time, then click Device Manager.
2) Expand the category of the drivers that you want to update. We use Display adapters as an example.
3) Right-click the device drivers that you want to update and click Update driver.
4) Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
5) Wait patiently for the process to finish. If you see the notification as follows:
you need to search for and update the driver by yourself.
1) To download device drivers from ASUS support, first you need to know the model of your laptop and the operating system that you are running.
The laptop model can be found on the back of your laptop in the MODEL section.
The operating system can be found by pressing Windows key and Pause/Break key at the same time.
2) Go to ASUS support. In the middle part of the web page, type in the model name of your laptop. Then hit Enter. We are using ROG G751JY as an example.
3) Then select the Driver & Tools option listed here.
4) Choose appropriate operating system as per your own situation from the drop-down box.
5) Then expand certain lists to locate the device drivers that you want to update. Click the Global button and get it downloaded as instructed.
NOTE: Some of the device drivers listed here requires certain skills to update, you should read the requirements contained in the downloaded folder before you make any changes to your computer. If possible, please make a system driver backup before you install the device drivers.
6) When the download finishes, you need to personally update the driver as instructed.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to any flagged device to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).