Blue Yeti is an excellent microphone for beginners. However, many users may experience the ‘Blue Yeti not recognized’ issue. This can be quite easy to troubleshoot and in this post, you will learn every possible fix to get your microphone working.
Try these fixes
You don’t have to try them all; just walk your way down until you find the one that works for you.
Try another USB port/cable
Update the microphone driver
Show disabled devices in settings
Use the audio troubleshooter
Fix 1. Try another USB port/cable
First, to rule out a hardware issue, you can try another USB port and make sure your USB cable is properly connected. Check whether your microphone goes back to work. Many users find it works when they switch the USB port from 3.0 to 2.0.
If Blue Yeti is still not showing up on your PC, you can try another USB cable. You can easily get a replacement cable at Amazon. Check that the status light is illuminated.
Fix 2. Update the microphone driver
If there’s nothing wrong with your hardware, the culprit might be your software. When the related driver software gets corrupted or outdated, your Blue Yeti microphone won’t be recognized.
There are mainly two methods for you to fix this driver issue:
Option 1 – Automatically (Recommended)
If you’re not confident playing with device drivers, you can update the driver automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your sound card and Blue Yeti microphone, and it will download and install them correctly.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update next to the flaggered driver (this is partially manual).
Or click Update all to automatically update all the drivers. This requires the Pro Version, which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You will be prompted to update when you click Update All.
4) Reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
Option 2 – Manually
Updating the Blue Yei microphone driver manually, on the other hand, takes time and patience. If you’re ready for this, here’s how:
1) Make sure your Blue Yeti microphone is properly connected.
2) On your keyboard, press Win + R at the same time to open the Run box.
3) Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
4) Expand the Sound, video and game controllers category, check if your Blue Yeti device is listed there.
5) If so, right-click it and select Uninstall. When prompted, tick the box next to Delete the driver software for this device and click Uninstall. Wait for the process to complete. This may take a few seconds.
(If not, you can skip to the Step 8)
6) Right-click the Sound, video and game controllers, and select Scan for hardware changes.
7) The driver software will be reinstalled automatically. Now your Blue Yeti microphone can be recognized successfully.
8) If you don’t see your Blue Yeti driver listed in Sound, video and game controllers, you can unplug your Blur Yeti microphone first.
9) Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then reconnect your Blue Yeti microphone. You will notice that there is an extra USB Composite Device listed.
10) Right-click the device, and select Update driver.
11) Select Search automatically for drivers.
12) Once the update is complete, your Blue Yeti will be visible. Your microphone should be recognized by now.
Fix 3. Show disabled devices in settings
It’s likely that your Blue Yeti is not set as the default recording device. Here’s how to troubleshoot this issue:
1) On your keyboard, press Win + R, and then enter mmsys.cpl in the Run box.
2) Select the Recording tab.
3) Check if the Blue Yeti Microphone is listed. If so, you need to set Blue Yeti as your default device. But if not, you can right-click the empty space and select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
4) Enable/reconnect your Blue Yeti Microphone if it appears.
Fix 4. Use the audio troubleshooter
If none of the methods above fixed the Blue Yeti microphone not recognized issue, you may need to try the Windows biult-in tool. Here’s how:
1) Right-click the volume button in the system tray, and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
2) Just follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.
Does your Blue Yeti microphone work normally again? If so, which method does the trick? Feel free to share your own experience with us.