If you’re using an Epson XP400 printer, it’s essential that you have the latest correct driver at all times. This article will show you how to install and update the driver quickly and easily.
Why you need the Epson XP 400 driver?
Driver, or device driver, is a program that makes your computer and hardware devices attached work together.
Your printer won’t fully function if its driver hasn’t been properly installed on your computer. Also, printer issues such as blank page printing, error code messages, etc. occur when your printer driver is corrupted or outdated. So, we always recommend you keep your Epson XP 400 driver updated for security and stability.
3 simple ways to update the Epson XP 400 printer driver:
You don’t have to try them all; just choose the one you need.
- Update Epson XP 400 driver via Device Manager
- Manually download the driver from the Epson support site
- Update Epson XP 400 driver automatically
Method 1: Update Epson XP 400 driver via Device Manager
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and the R key at the same time to open the “Run” dialog box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
3) Double-click Print queues. Then, right-click Epson XP-400 Series and select Update driver.
4) Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
5) Wait until a window appears saying “Windows has successfully updated your driver software”.
If Windows can’t find the latest driver for your printer, don’t worry! You can try looking for drivers in the Epson official support site. Check the method below.
Method 2: Manually download the driver from the Epson support site
Epson keeps updating drivers. To get them, you need to go to the Epson official support site, find the drivers corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 32 bit) and download the driver manually.
Once you’ve downloaded the correct drivers for your system, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Hopefully, you will find this method useful and easy to follow!
Method 3: Update Epson XP 400 driver automatically
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Hopefully, this article helped! Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any problems and suggestions.