It’s important to keep your HP printer driver up to date so you can make sure it’s working properly. There are two ways you can download driver for your HP printer.
To update your HP printer driver
You may not have to try these methods all; just choose the right one for you.
- Update your HP printer driver with Device Manager
- Download your HP printer driver from the HP website
- Update your HP printer driver automatically
To update your driver using Device Manager:
- Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
- Find your HP printer. Then right-click the device and click Update driver.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
You can also download the driver from the HP website and install it on your own:
- Go to the HP support website.
- Search your printer model, then go to its driver download page.
- Download the correct and latest driver for your device.Download the driver that’s suitable for your variant of Windows system. You should know what system is running on your computer — whether it’s Windows 7, 8 or 10, 32-bit or 64-bit version, etc.
Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver on your computer.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your HP printer driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to your HP printer to download the correct version of its driver, then you can manually install it. Or click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all the drivers. (This requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.)