You may need a driver for your Xbox 360 controller when you setting your controller up on your Windows computer. There are two ways you can try to download and install the driver for your Xbox 360 controller.
To download and install your Xbox 360 controller driver
- Download the Xbox 360 controller driver from Microsoft
- Update your Xbox 360 controller driver automatically
2) Click Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.
3) Click Downloads. Then download the driver for your Xbox 360 controller.
4) Open the downloaded file to install the driver on your computer. Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. You can download and install your drivers by using either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee): 1) Download and install Driver Easy. 2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to Xbox 360 Controller for Windows to download the latest and correct driver for it, then you can manually install the driver. You can also click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).