IDT HD Audio CODEC driver in Windows 10 [Solved]
If you’re on Windows 10 and your sound suddenly stops working, or that you can’t hear anything coming out from your headphones, and you’re seeing the error message IDT High Definition Audio CODEC-Error 0x8007001f, you’re not alone. Many Windows 10 users are reporting this problem as well.
But no worries, it’s possible or even easy to fix. Here are 2 fixes for you to try. Work your way down and fix this problem right away.
Faulty audio driver can be the lead cause of this problem. You can reinstall its driver to fix the problem:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
2) Expand Sound, video and game controllers and locate IDT High Definition Audio CODEC.
3) Right-click IDT High Definition Audio CODEC and select Uninstall.
Select OK when the confirmation window pops up.
4) Restart your computer after this change to make sure that Windows Update help you with the update of the driver for your audio device.
If reinstalling driver doesn’t help you with it, you should try update your audio driver instead. You can do so via Device Manager or Windows Update.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged sound card driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
If you have any ideas or questions, please feel free to leave your comments below.