IDT HD Audio CODEC driver in Windows 10 [Solved]
Then you check the status of it in Device Manager, you can see a yellow exclamation mark next to it like the following screen shot:
Then you use Windows Update trying to troubleshoot the problem and get it fixed by using Windows Update, you end up seeing the notification as below.
Just for you to see more clearly.
If this is what you are facing now, please refer to the tutorial below to get your sound back.
Method 1: Update Driver
Method 2: Re-install Driver
Method 3: Update Driver Automatically (Recommended)
How to fix IDT High Definition CODEC Error in Windows 10?
1) Go to Device Manager.
2) Expand Sound, video and game controllers and locate your IDT High Definition Audio CODEC device.
3) Right click on this device and choose Update Driver Software…
4) Choose Browse my computer for driver software.
5) Then choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
6) Select High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition Audio CODEC device. Then click Next.
7) Select Yes in the Update Driver Warning.
8) If necessary, please restart your computer.
1) Go to Device Manager.
2) Expand Sound, video and game controllers category and locate IDT High Definition Audio CODEC.
3) Right click IDT High Definition Audio CODEC and select Uninstall.
Select OK when the confirmation window pops up.
4) Restart your computer after this change to make sure that Windows Update help you with the update of the driver for your audio device.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged sound card driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).