To make sure your motherboard is working properly, it’s important to keep the drivers for your motherboard up to date. And you should also ensure you’ve downloaded and installed the correct drivers.
To update your motherboard drivers
There are two ways you can update the motherboard drivers. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Download and install the motherboard drivers manually
- Update your motherboard drivers automatically
Method 1: Download and install the motherboard drivers manually
You can download the motherboard drivers from its official manufacturer website. To do so:
- Go to the official website of your motherboard manufacturer, then search your motherboard model.
- Go to the driver download page for the motherboard, then download the correct and latest drivers. You should download the drivers for all the components on your motherboard.
Download the driver that’s suitable for your variant of Windows system. You should know what system is running on your computer — whether it’s Windows 7, 8 or 10, 32-bit or 64-bit version, etc.
- Open the downloaded files and follow the on-screen instructions to install the drivers on your computer.
Method 2: Update your motherboard drivers automatically
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update your motherboard drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to your devices to download the correct version of its driver, then you can manually install it. Or click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all the drivers. (This requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.)