Can’t get your new HP Scanjet working? Or maybe you’d like to improve the performance of your HP Scanjet? If yes, then you should check or update the driver for your scanner.
Why you need to update your driver
Drivers are essential to the computer. They function as a bridge between your devices and the computer. Without them, there’s a high chance your devices won’t work as expected.
Driver updates often feature some major bug fixes and performance boost, that’s why we recommend you to update your driver.
How to download and update your HP Scanjet driver
Here’re 2 ways you can download and update your HP Scanjet driver:
- Download the HP Scanjet driver manually
- Download and update the HP Scanjet driver automatically (Recommended)
Option 1: Download the HP Scanjet driver manually
Manufacturers always release the drivers for their product on the official website. So, to manually install/update the driver for HP Scanjet, follow these steps:
1) Visit the official HP website, and scroll down until you see your model. Here we take HP ScanJet Pro 3500 f1 as an example:
2) In the row containing your model, click the rightmost link to enter the download page.
3) If you aren’t using Windows 10 64-bit, choose your OS first.
4) Once you’ve downloaded the driver, double-click to open the file and follow the on-screen instruction to install.
When you complete the installation process, connect your HP Scanjet to the computer and see if it’s running.
Option 2: Download and update the HP Scanjet driver automatically (Recommended)
1) Connect HP Scanjet to your computer.
2) Download and install Driver Easy.
3) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
4) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. You need the Pro version of Driver Easy to do this, so you’ll be prompted to upgrade. Don’t worry; it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so if you don’t like it you can get a full refund, no questions asked.
(Alternatively if you’re comfortable manually installing drivers, you can click ‘Update’ next to each flagged device in the free version to automatically download the correct driver. Once it’s downloaded, you can manually install it.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
Hopefully, you’ve updated the driver and got your HP Scanjet up and running. If you have any questions or suggestions, please drop a comment.