Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework (DPTF) Driver Install Failed [Solved]
Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework driver is seen on every computer with Intel chipset, but many of us are not sure what it does exactly, not to mention knowing what to do about it when it refuses to setup.
In this post, we will show you how to fix the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework driver failed to install problem with the notification goes “The setup program failed to install one or more device drivers. Setup will exit.” on your computer. Just follow through 🙂
1) It is suggested that you update the chipset driver for your PC first. Before you move on to download the chipset driver, you may need to make a backup of your computer system just in case any unwanted error to occur, even though Intel chipset rarely cause problems.
2) To download Intel Chipset Drivers, just go directly to Intel:
Intel Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility)
Choose from the left side of the pane the correct version for your operating system. Then just follow the instructions on screen to continue.
3) When the download finish, follow the on-screen instructions to get the chipset driver installed.
Then try install Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework driver again. If the problem persists, go to step 2 for more instructions.
1) On your keyboard, press Windows key and R at the same time, then type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
2) Click to expand category Intel Dynamic and Perform Thermal Framework category.
3) Right click the Intel Dynamic and Perform Thermal Framework Generic Participant you can see here and choose Update driver.
4) Choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
5) Then wait for Device Manager to locate the latest version of the driver for you. If it fails to do that, then you can click the Search for updated drivers on Windows Update and see if it helps.
6) You will be lead to the Windows Update window. Click the Check for update button here. Then see if there is any update available.
Repeat the same process with all the devices listed under Intel Dynamic and Perform Thermal Framework category here.
If the above two options still cannot help you with installing driver properly, then please move on the step 3 to get this problem fixed automatically.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged USB driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).