When you try to play music or video on your laptop, but just find it no sound on the internal speakers? You would be very annoyed. However, it’s not a trouble you cannot fix it any more. Follow this guide to find out the reason and try to fix it with the easy solutions.
3) Drag the slider to increase the volume to test if the sound could work.
1) Right-click on the sound icon on your taskbar. Then click Playback devices.
2) Highlight your speakers, then click Set Default. Click OK.
Note: If you couldn’t find your speakers on the playback device list, it might be disabled.
Go with the easy steps to show it.
1) On the Sound window, right-click on the blank area of playback device list. Then choose Show disabled devices.
2) When your speakers shows up, right-click on it to choose Enable. Then you can set it as the default device.
1) Press the Windows logo key + R key together to open the Run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc. Then click OK to open Device Manager.
2) Expand Sound, video and game controllers. Then right click on your sound card’s name and click Uninstall.
3) Tick on Delete the driver software for this device. Then click OK to confirm.
4) Restart your PC to make change take effect. Windows will automatically reinstall sound driver for you now.
5) Check if speakers works on your laptop now.
If the 1-3 fixes didn’t solve your issue, make sure to update your sound card driver.
To update the sound driver, you can choose to use Device Manager again. Microsoft can find the latest driver for you. But for some reasons, sometimes Microsoft cannot detect the latest driver. As a result, it told you: The best driver software for your device is already installed. To avoid missing the latest driver, you have a perfect choice — using the extremely helpful driver tool — Driver Easy.
It has two version. Have a try on its Free Version, it will offer the latest drivers for you to install. But if you upgrade to PRO Version, you can get all your drivers including sound card driver up-to-date with just one click — Update All.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hopefully the speakers on your laptop works correctly now.
Any problems just feel free to leave your comment below, thanks.