Pick the way you prefer：
- Download the latest Brother HL-2240 driver from Brother Support
- Update your Brother HL-2240 driver in Device Manager
- Update your Brother HL-2240 driver automatically
2) Enter your printer model number, like HL-2240. Then press Enter.
3) Click HL-2240 from the result.
4) Select your Windows operating system. Then Search.
5) Click Full Driver & Software Package.
6) Click Agree to the EULA and Download.\
7) When the downloading completes, double-click the driver file and go on with the on-screen instructions to install the driver on your computer. 8) Restart your computer and reconnect your HL-2240 printer with your Windows computer. Then try to print a file to see if it works.
3) Right-click the Printer queues section. And then right-click on your Brother HL-2240 printer to select Update driver.
Windows would then start to detect and download the latest driver if it detects one. 4) Restart your computer and reconnect your HL-2240 printer with your Windows computer. Then try to print a file to see if it works. For some reasons, Microsoft cannot always find the latest driver. If you see the message saying The best drivers for your device are already installed, you might have to choose other ways to update your driver.Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee): 1) Download and install Driver Easy. 2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged printer driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer and reconnect your HL-2240 printer with your Windows computer. Then try to print a file to see if it works.