Try these fixesHere’s a list of fixes that have resolved this problem for other Logitech users. You don’t have to try them all. Just work your way through the list until you find the one that does the trick for you.
- Check your microphone settings
- Allow access to your headset microphone (for Windows 10 users)
- Update your audio driver
- Troubleshoot hardware issues
Logitech G230 is not set as the default device, or if it is disabled on your PC. In this case, you can follow the instructions below to check your microphone settings on your PC:
- On your keyboard,press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog. Type control and press Enter to open Control Panel.
- View Control Panel by Category. Then click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Sound to continue.
- Click the Recording tab, then right-click on any empty place inside the device list and tick Show Disabled Devices.
- Right-click the Headset Microphone and click Enable.
- Select the microphone you’re using and click Set Default.
- While still in the Recording tab, try speaking into your microphone to test if it works properly. If it is, you should see some green in the bar on the right:
- Click OK.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time to open Windows Settings. Then click Privacy.
- Click Microphone on the left panel. On the right, if microphone access for this device is off, click Change to turn it on. You should also all apps to access your microphone. If it is turned off, turn it on.
OrUpdate your drivers automatically – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your sound card driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update next to your sound card to automatically download the correct version of its driver, then you can install it manually. Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
- Try connecting your Logitech G230 to another port on your computer. If the mic works in the other port, it suggests this issue is probably caused by a faulty port, if your mic still doesn’t work, move on to the next step, below.
- Try connecting your Logitech G230 to another computer. If your mic works in another PC, you should contact the vendor of your PC for advice; if your mic still doesn’t work in another PC, you should contact Logitech for support.