You may encounter the problem that your mouse does not work normally when you are using Logitech Wireless Mouse M510 in Windows. You need to update the driver of your device under this circumstance. If you don’t know how to update Logitech M510 driver, you can use any of the methods below to tackle it easily.
- Update your Logitech M510 driver in Device Manager (if you cannot use your mouse)
- Download your Logitech M510 driver from Logitech’s official website
- Update your Logitech M510 driver with Driver Easy
Device Manager is a tool built in Windows to help you manage your devices and drivers on your computer. Here are the steps to update Logitech M510 driver in Device Manager:
1) Press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
2) Click Mice and other pointing device. Right-click your Logitech mouse device, and click Update driver.
3) Cick Search automatically for updated driver software (Use arrow keys and Enter if you’re using a keyboard). The system will finish the remaining update job for you.
Logitech provides support software for their own products. You can download it from Logitech’s official website (if your mouse is not down). Here are the steps to do this.
1) Open Logitech support site.
2) Search “m510“.
3) Select Wireless Mouse M510 (click on the title or the More button) on the results page.
4) On the M510 support page, scroll down and click on DOWNLOAD.
5) Select the operating system you are using, and hit DOWNLOAD NOW. The installer suitable for your system will be downloaded immediately.
6) Complete the installation process. The support software of your mouse will then be successfully installed to your computer.
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update your driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can download and install your drivers by using either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to Logitech M510 Mouse to download the latest and correct driver for it. You can also click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).