If you’re looking to update your Windows 7 network adapter driver, you’ve come to the right place.
No proper Internet access on that computer right now? Don’t worry – we got you covered – check out the 2 methods below to get your network up and running again!
To update network adapter driver
You don’t have to try both methods to get your driver updated; just browse through the list and take your pick:
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the driver for your network adapter manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy is a driver updater that automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. It also comes with the Offline Scan feature that helps you update your network adapter drivers when your computer doesn’t have Internet connection.
Here’s how to use the Offline Scan feature to update your network adapter driver:
1) On a computer with Internet access, download Driver Easy. Then save the setup file of Driver Easy in a USB flash drive and transfer it to the target computer (the computer without Internet connection).
2) On the target computer, run the Driver Easy setup file to install Driver Easy.
3) Run Driver Easy and click Tools in the left pane.
4) Click Offline Scan. Then select Offline Scan (on the computer without Internet access) and click Continue.
5) Click Browse…, then choose a destination folder in your computer to save the offline scan file. After that, click Offline Scan.
6) A window will pop up telling you that the offline scan file has been saved. Click OK to confirm.
7) Open the folder where you’ve saved the offline scan file. Then save the file in a USB flash drive and transfer it to another computer with Internet connection.
8) On the computer with Internet connection, (download and) install Driver Easy.
9) Run Driver Easy and click Tools in the left pane.
10) Click Offline Scan. Then select Upload Offline Scan File (on the computer with Internet access) and click Continue.
11) Click Browse… to locate the offline scan file. Then click Continue.
12) Click the Download button next to your network adapter driver.
13) Wait until the computer completes. When it does, save the downloaded file to your USB drive and transfer it to the target computer.
14) You can follow Step 3 of Driver Easy Help to manually install your WiFi driver.
15) Remember to restart your computer for the changes to take effect even if you’re not asked to.
Important: If you can’t access the Internet, you might have to download the driver on an network-equipped computer first and then transfer the file to the target computer to install.
- On the keyboard of the target computer, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then copy & paste devmgmt.msc into the box and click OK.
- Locate and double-click on Network adapters to retrieve the brand and model of your network adapter.
- On the computer with Internet, go to the brand manufacturer’s official website and check out the Support section for driver downloads.
- Search the model of your graphics card, click the right download link for your Windows 7 OS. Usually a few download options will be listed but you might want to click the first result for the latest driver version.
- Move the downloaded file to the computer without the Internet.
- On the computer without the Internet, run the downloaded file (mostly either an exe. file or .inf file) and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the install.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
There you go – 2 easy ways to get the latest driver for your Windows 7 network adapter. Hope this helps and feel free to comment below if you have any further questions.