If you’re looking to update your Windows 7 network adapter driver, you’ve come to the right place.
No proper Internet access on that computer right now? Don’t worry – we got you covered – c
heck out the 2 methods below to get your network up and running again! 😉
To update network adapter driver
You don’t have to try both methods to get your driver updated; just browse through the list and take your pick:
- Update my network adapter driver automatically (Recommended)
- Update my network adapter driver manually
Method 1: Update my network adapter driver automatically (Recommended)
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the driver for your network adapter manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what brand and model of network adapter your computer is using, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
Important: You might need to connect your computer to a Wi-fi network in order for a quick and smooth network adapter driver download & update.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- You can upgrade to the Pro version and click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
If you have any problems while using Driver Easy, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to attach the URL of this article if needed for more expedient and efficient guidance. 😉
Method 2: Update my network adapter driver manually
Warning: Downloading the wrong driver or installing it incorrectly can compromise our PC’s stability and even cause the whole system to crash. So please proceed at your own peril.
Important: If you can’t access the Internet, you might have to download the driver on an network-equipped computer first and then transfer the file to the target computer to install.
- On the keyboard of the target computer, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then copy & paste devmgmt.msc into the box and click OK.
- Locate and double-click on Network adapters to retrieve the brand and model of your network adapter.
- On the computer with Internet, go to the brand manufacturer’s official website and check out the Support section for driver downloads.
- Search the model of your graphics card, click the right download link for your Windows 7 OS. Usually a few download options will be listed but you might want to click the first result for the latest driver version.
- Move the downloaded file to the computer without the Internet.
- On the computer without the Internet, run the downloaded file (mostly either an exe. file or .inf file) and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the install.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
There you go – 2 easy ways to get the latest driver for your Windows 7 network adapter. Hope this helps and feel free to comment below if you have any further questions.