When something goes wrong with your CanoScan LiDE 220 scanner, updating its driver should always be your go-to option. It’s essential that you have the latest correct driver for your scanner at all times. This article gives you 3 methods to do it.
Try these methods:
- Update your CanoScan LiDE 220 driver via Device Manager
- Download and install your CanoScan LiDE 220 driver manually
- Automatically update your CanoScan LiDE 220 driver
Method 1: Update your CanoScan LiDE 220 driver via Device Manager
One common way to update your scanner driver is using the Windows built-in utility Device Manager. Follow the instructions below to see how to do it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
3) Double-click Imaging devices. Then, right-click CanoScan LiDE 220 and select Update driver.
4) Wait for Device Manager to update the driver for your scanner automatically.
Sometimes, Device Manager may fail to detect the latest driver for your scanner. If this happened to you, don’t worry! There are still 2 options you can choose.
Method 2: Download and install your CanoScan LiDE 220 driver manually
Canon keeps updating the CanoScan LiDE 220 driver. To get it, you need to go to the Canon support website, find the driver corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 32 bit) and download the driver manually. Here is how:
1) Go to the CanoScan LiDE 220 driver download page.
2) Click the SELECT button next to the driver you want to update.
3) Click DOWNLOAD.
4) Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver for your scanner.
You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your driver this way. If you prefer an easier way to update your scanner driver, check the method below.
Method 3: Automatically update your CanoScan LiDE 220 driver
Updating your CanoScan LiDE 220 driver with Driver Easy is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for your scanner. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your scanner driver automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Hopefully, this article helped in resolving your problems! Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions and suggestions.