This surround sound RGB gaming headset Arctis 5 provides an immersive gaming experience, but sometimes it can bump into issues. And when they do, you can follow this troubleshooting guide to fix your mic issues, or you can update the Arctis 5 drivers directly.
How to update Actis 5 drivers
Actually, you don’t have to install the specific driver to make SteelSeries Arctis 5 work or recognized successfully. It comes with a plug-and-play feature.
All you need to have is the generic USB audio driver and the onboard sound driver. Here’s how to do it:
Option 1: Manually update the sound driver
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run box.
- Expand the Sound, video and game controllers. Then right-click the related devices, and select Update driver.
- Click Search automatically for drivers.
- Windows will start searching for the latest drivers and installs them for you.
If Windows Device Manager fails to find a new driver for you, you need to source the driver directly from the device manufacturer or use a tool like ours, called Driver Easy, to do it automatically.
Option 2: Automatically update all your device drivers
One of the most common causes of sound issues is an outdated or faulty sound driver. Your SteelSeries Artis 5 is no exception.
If you find the manual updating process tedious and time-consuming, you can do it update all your drivers with Driver Easy. It always gives you the latest available driver.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to your sound device or your Arctis 5 to download the latest and correct driver for it.
Or you can also click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer. (This requires the Pro version — you will have full tech support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.)
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still have audio issues?
In rare cases, updating your drivers won’t get your problem solved. If unfortunately, updating the SteelSeris Actis 5 drivers didn’t help, you can try the following troubleshotting steps:
Set your Arctis 5 as default
Make sure you have set your SteelSeries Arctis 5 as the default output/input device. Also, select Set as Default Communications Device.
Make sure you’ve set it up correctly
Follow SteelSeries Actis 5 setup guide to make sure you’ve done it right. Using the rear ports directly on your motherboard instead of any HUB ports or external hubs will ensure your drivers load correctly, and that the device receives adequate power.
Have the latest version of SteelSeries Engine installed
In-app updates are supported so you will be prompted to update directly through the Engine. But if this doesn’t do the trick, you can uninstall the SteelSeries Engine, and download the latest SteelSeries Engine.
Disable audio enhancements
- In the bottom right corner, right-click the Volume icon, and select Sounds.
- Under the Playback tab, right-click your headphone, and select Properties.
- Switch to the Enhancements tab, check the Disable all enhancements option, and click OK to apply.
Select different formats
If you’re still unable to get anything, try selecting a different input/output format in the Properties > Advanced window (use the headset steps above).
That’s it — hopefully, this post helped you solve the SteelSeries Actis 5 driver issues. Feel free to leave us a comment if you want to share your own experience of troubleshooting.