Thunderbolt is a fast and versatile hardware connection standard. If you want to keep the Thunderbolt connection on your computer in good condition, or if you want to fix its issues, you should keep the drivers related to your Thunderbolt connection up to date.
To update your Thunderbolt drivers
- Download the Thunderbolt drivers from your device manufacturer website
- Update your Thunderbolt drivers automatically
You can download your Thunderbolt drivers from your device manufacturer website or Intel, and then install it on your own. To do so:
1) Go to the official website of your computer, your motherboard or Intel, then search “thunderbolt driver“.
2) Go to the product driver download page, then download the correct and latest Thunderbolt drivers to your computer.
3) Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your computer.
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the Thunderbolt drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can download and install your drivers by using either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to your Thunderbolt device to download the latest and correct driver for it, then you can manually install it. You can also click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).