If you wish to download or update your webcam driver, you’ve come to the right place! This post will show you 2 easy and safe ways to get the correct driver for your webcam.
Why do I need the webcam driver?
The webcam driver enables your computer to communicate with the camera you use. If the driver hasn’t been properly installed on your computer, or it’s corrupted, your webcam is likely to fail. So, we always recommend you keep your webcam driver updated.
How do I get the correct driver?
There are two ways you can get the latest correct webcam driver:
- Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
- Option 2 – Automatically update your driver (Recommended)
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
The manufacturer of your webcam keeps updating drivers. To get them, you need to go to your webcam manufacturer’s website and find the drivers corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 32 bit) and download the driver manually.
Once you’ve downloaded the correct drivers for your system, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Option 2 – Automatically update your driver
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the webcam driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Hopefully, this article helped! Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions and suggestions.