If you wish to download or update your webcam driver, you’ve come to the right place! Here’re 2 easy and safe ways to get the correct driver for your webcam.
Why do I need the webcam driver?
The webcam driver enables your computer to communicate with the camera you use. If the driver hasn’t been properly installed on your computer, or it gets corrupted somehow, your webcam is likely to fail. So, it’s essential that you have the latest correct driver at all times.
How do I get the correct driver?
- Option 1 – Update the driver via Device Manager
- Option 2 – Update all your drivers with one click (Recommended)
Option 1 – Update the driver via Device Manager
You can update your device driver through Device Manager. Here’s how:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key.
2) Type device manager, then select Device Manager.
3) Double-click Imaging devices.
4) Right-click your webcam, then click Update driver.
5) Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
Wait for this process to be complete.
Option 2 – Update all your drivers with one click
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the webcam driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hopefully, this article helped! Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions and suggestions.