If you find your webcam’s no longer working out of nowhere, or you’re just looking for the latest driver for your webcam, you’ve come to the right place. Here’re 2 easy and safe ways to get the correct driver for your webcam.
How to Update your Webcam driver
- Option 1 – Update the driver via Device Manager
- Option 2 – Update your driver with one click (Recommended)
Option 1 – Update the driver via Device Manager
You can update your device driver through Device Manager. Device Manager is a tool that displays all the hardware attached to your computer.
Here’s how to update the webcam driver using the tool:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key.
2) Type device manager, then select Device Manager.
3) Double-click Imaging devices.
4) Right-click your webcam, then click Update driver.
5) Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
Wait for this process to be complete. If Device Manager couldn’t find the latest driver for you, try using Driver Easy to update the driver.
Option 2 – Update your driver with one click
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the webcam driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update next to the webcam driver you want to update, then you can install the downloaded driver manually.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Are Webcam Drivers
Webcam drivers enable your computer to communicate with the camera you use. If the driver hasn’t been properly installed on your computer, or it gets corrupted somehow, you may run into issues like the camera not detecting by the system or it just not working with a specific app. So it’s essential that you have the latest correct driver at all times.
Hopefully, this article helped! Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions and suggestions.