Got a shiny new AMD RX 6800 graphics card and expect an ultimate gaming experience and flawless graphics display? If so, you need to keep your GPU driver up-to-date at all times. In this tutorial, you’ll explore two safe ways to update the AMD RX 6800 driver easily:
You need to find the exactly right driver online, download it, and install it step by step, which may require some computer skills and patience.
Method 2 – Automatically (Recommended)
This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Method 1 – Download and install the driver manually
To check for any updates of the AMD Radeon RX 6800 driver, you can head towards the download page of AMD, where new drivers are regularly rolled out for general improvement and bug fixes.
If you have no idea how to do this, simply follow the steps below.
- Visit AMD’s support website.
- Scroll down to the search section, and choose Graphics > AMD Radeon 6000 Series > AMD Radeon 6800 Series > AMD Radeon 6800. Then, click Submit.
- Select the correct operating system and click the Download button next to the driver or software.
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
If the process of manual driver update is too complex for you, there is an easier option below.
Method 2 – Download and install the driver automatically (Recommended)
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your AMD RX 6800 driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged AMD Radeon RX 6800 driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Restart your computer for the changes to take full effect, and the driver should be working without problems.
Hopefully this post comes in handy when you update the AMD RX 6800 driver. If you have further questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll be glad to help.