No sound issue is probably caused by missing drivers. When your computer has no sound, you may want to update the sound driver. In this post, you’ll learn how to update the Realtek audio driver easily for your computer.
There are three methods for you to update the Realtek audio driver easily; just pick the easier one for you.
1) On your keyboard, press the Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open the Device Manager window.
3) Expand category “Sound, video and game controllers”. Under this category, right-click on “Realtek High Definition Audio”. Click Update Driver Software…on the context menu.
4) Click Search automatically for updated driver software (Different systems may have different displays here.).
If the driver is up-to-date, you will be prompted that “The best driver software for your device is already installed”. Then you don’t need to update the driver.
5) After the driver is installed, restart your PC for the changes to take effort.
You can find and download the latest driver on Realtek website.
After you go to the website, use “audio” to start the search. Then select and download the correct driver corresponding with the model of your Realtek sound card and the version of Windows. Then double click on the downloaded file to install the driver.
Note: If you don’t know your Realtek sound card model, you may need to open your computer case to get the correct sound card model. Usually, the Realtek sound card model is printed on the sound card.
If you don’t want to open the computer case, you can select ALC888S-VD, ALC892 or ALC898 to download the driver. You can download the same driver package from these three option, which can work for most of Realtek sound cards.
If above two methods don’t work for you, or if you don’t have patience, time or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will scan your computer to detect any problem drivers in your computer. You don’t need to know what operating system your computer is running. You can update the Realtek audio driver automatically with the Free or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it just takes 2 clicks (and you get full support and 30-day refund guarantee.)
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will detect all problem drivers instantly and provide you with new drivers.
3) Click Update button next to the Realtek audio driver, then download and install the correct version of this driver. Or click Update All button (if you go Pro) to download and install all drivers automatically.
Hopefully you find the tips helpful to update the Realtek audio drivers easily. If you have any questions, please leave your comments below. I’d love to hear of any ideas or suggestions.