If you’re on GTX 1060 graphics card, and found that your monitor resolution is rather poor, you’re not alone. Many Windows users are reporting this problem like you.
Read on and follow the easy-doing steps with screen shots below to get your NVIDIA graphics card driver updated.
2) On your keyboard, press the Start button, type cmd in the search box and click Command Prompt.
3) Type in msconfig and press Enter.
4) Go to Boot tab and click Safe boot. Click OK.
You’ll restart your computer into safe mode. Make sure all your files have been saved and click Restart to move on.
Expand Display adapters. Double-click NVIDIA GeForce GTX x device driver. I’m having NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, yours could be different.
6) Go to Driver tab and click Uninstall.
When prompted to confirm the uninstall, press OK.
When the installation process finishes, reboot your computer one more time.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged GTX 1060 driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).