Are you trying to update drivers for your Nahimic audio software? If so, then this post is written for you – here you’ll be shown three ways to reach the goal. Read and check them out…
Why should I update the Nahimic audio drivers?
Nahimic is a piece of audio software that boosts audio and voice performance in games, thereby enhancing player immersion. Although the program itself is powerful enough, you can still expect it to do a better job by updating your sound card drivers.
Besides, you should keep your audio drivers up-to-date in order to secure the stability of your audio devices. An outdated or corrupt driver can lead to the malfunctions of Nahimic, so if you want to get the best out of it, updating your audio driver seems necessary.
How can I update the Nahimic audio drivers?
There are mainly three ways you can update your audio drivers for Nahimic.
Option 1 – Download & install the drivers from manufacturers – You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your driver this way, because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 2 – Update the driver via Device Manager – This is the most common method to update your driver, but sometimes Windows may fail to provide you with the latest (and even necessary) device drivers.
Option 3 – Update the driver automatically (recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 1 – Download & install the drivers from manufacturers
Usually you can get the sound card drivers from the manufacturer of your motherboard. To do so, simply visit their official websites. If you’re using the Realtek HD Audio Driver, you can also download it from Realtek. After landing on the websites, you should find the drivers corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 10 of 64 bit) and download the drivers manually.
Once you’ve downloaded the correct driver for your system, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver. On completion, restart your PC for the changes to be fully implemented.
Option 2 – Update the driver via Device Manager
To update your audio driver via Device Manger, here’s the procedure:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows Logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run dialog box. Then, type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click Sound, video and game controllers to expand its drop-down list. Then right-click on your sound card and select Update Driver Software….
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software. Then follow the onscreen instructions to update your driver.
- If you’re presented with the notification that reads “The best driver software for your device is already installed,” that means your audio driver has probably been up-to-date. But if you’re not sure about that, please turn to option 1 or option 3 to look for the latest version of your audio driver.
- Reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
Option 3 – Update the driver automatically (recommended)
Some people may find it hard to locate the correct driver online. And even if you successfully find it, it’s still time-consuming and error-prone to install the driver. So if you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your audio drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy takes care of everything.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All). Or if you just want to update your sound card driver for now, simply click the Update button next to it.
Note: you can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
Driver Easy uses only genuine drivers, straight from your hardware manufacturer. And they’re all tested and certified – either by Microsoft or by itself. Or both.
Hopefully you’ll find this post helpful. Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any further questions or ideas. Thanks for reading!