Fix HDMI No Sound in Windows 10
After you upgrade system to Windows 10, if the external monitor like TV connected to PC via HDMI has no sound, you can follow instructions here to troubleshoot the problem. The problem occurs may be due to software issues, system configuration issues or hardware device issues. So you can troubleshoot the problem from these ways.
Firstly, check if all hardware devices work properly
1. Check if the cable has problem. You can try connecting the monitor with PC by using another cable and see if the problem resolves.
2. Check if the output port works fine. If your PC has multiple HDMI output ports, try different port and see if the problem resolves.
3. Check if the monitor works properly. Make sure the monitor’s speaker volume is not turned down or muted. Then try connecting the monitor to another PC.
If you ensure that all hardware devices have no problem, try solutions below.
Solution1: Set HDMI Device as Default Device
Follow steps below:
1. Right-click on sound volume icon in the lower right corner of Windows. A context menu will pop up.
2. Select Playback devices from the context menu.
3. In the Playback tab, select Digital Output Device or HDMI option. Click Set Default and click OK. Then the HDMI sound output will be set as default.
If you do not see the Digital Output Device or HDMI option in the Playback tab, right click on the blank place, then click Show disconnected devices and Show disabled devices on the context menu. Then set it as default device.
Solution 2: Update the Sound Driver
Go to the computer manufacturer’s website or the sound card manufacturer’s website to download the latest audio driver. Usually, the downloaded driver pack has an installation file (.exe file). You just need to double-click on the file then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
If you are not sure how to download the driver manually, you can download Driver Easy Free Version to help you. After you download and install Driver Easy on your computer, you just need to run it to scan your computer to detect all problem drivers, and click Update button to download the driver files. Then use the driver files to install the driver. Download Driver Easy now.
If you try using Driver Easy Professional version to fix the problem, and the problem persists, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. Our professional support team would help fix the problem quickly.
Hope the instructions here helps you resolve the problem.