Fix Windows 10 No Sound Issue
It is great that we can upgrade system to Windows 10 for free. But in the same time, the update causes some issues. The common issues caused are no sound issues. If your PC has no sound after you upgrade to Windows 10, the sound driver most probably is removed, corrupted, or incompatible with Windows 10.
1. Right-click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner in desktop and select Playback devices.
2. In Playback tab, select your speakers, which is set as default, and click Properties.
3. Click Advanced tab. Under “Default Format”, alter the sample rate and bit depth until one of the settings works. Click Apply and OK to save the change.
If the problem persists, try uninstalling and updating the audio driver.
1. Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog box will appear.
2. Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click OK button. This is to open Device Manager Window.
3. In Device Manager, expand category “Sound, video and game controllers“.
Under this category, right-click on your sound card device name. A context menu will pop up. Then select Uninstall.
4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device” and click OK button.
5. Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting, Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
If uninstalling driver doesn’t work, try updating the driver.
1. In Device Manager, right-click on your sound device name. Select Update Driver Software…
2. Click Search automatically for updated driver software. Then Windows will search and install the new driver for you.
3. Restart your PC for the change to take effect.
Update Audio Driver using Driver Easy
Updating drivers via Device Manager not always works as Windows may not provide the latest version driver. So if Windows doesn’t find a new sound driver for you, you can use Driver Easy to help update the driver. Driver Easy is a driver update tool with a large driver database that will provide you with all drivers you need. It has Free version and Professional version. Both versions can be used to download drivers automatically. With Free version, you are required to update the driver manually step by step. With Professional version, you can update all drivers with just one click. And you will enjoy free technical support guarantee and 30-day money back guarantee.
Try methods here to fix your no sound issue in Windows 10.