Fix Windows 10 No Sound Issue
It is great that we can upgrade system to Windows 10 for free. But in the same time, the update causes some issues. The common issues caused are no sound issues. If your PC has no sound after you upgrade to Windows 10, the sound driver most probably is removed, corrupted, or incompatible with Windows 10.
1. Right-click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner in desktop and select Playback devices.
2. In Playback tab, select your speakers, which is set as default, and click Properties.
3. Click Advanced tab. Under “Default Format”, alter the sample rate and bit depth until one of the settings works. Click Apply and OK to save the change.
If the problem persists, try uninstalling the driver. Follow steps below:
1. Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog box will appear.
2. Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click OK button. This is to open Device Manager Window.
3. In Device Manager, expand category “Sound, video and game controllers“.
Under this category, right-click on your sound card device name. A context menu will pop up. Then select Uninstall.
4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device” and click OK button.
5. Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting, Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
The steps above may resolve the problem, but if they don’t, or you’re not confident playing around with drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged audio driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Try methods here to fix your no sound issue in Windows 10.