If you’re using Bitdefender:
To resolve this issue, you need to verify the build number of Bitdefender on your PC first by right-clicking on the Bitdefender icon in the Notification Area and select About.
The build version is displayed below Product information.
If the build version of Bitdefender on your PC is lower than 184.108.40.206, you should update Bitdefender first.
To update Bitdefender, right-click on the Bitdefender icon in the Notification Area and select Update Now.
If the build version of Bitdefender on your PC is 220.127.116.11 or higher but this issue persists, please follow the steps below to resolve it.
1) In Bitdefender, Navigate to the Protection panel. Then select Exceptions in the ONLINE THREAT PREVENTION section.
2) Type dow1.drivereasy.com in the box and click ADD.
3) Type dow2.drivereasy.com in the box and click ADD. Then click SAVE to save the changes.
Normally, you can resolve this issue after adding the two domains above to the exception list.
If you’re using TOTAL AV:
Recently, we’ve noticed that this issue may also be triggered by TOTAL AV. Our technical support team is communicating with the TOTAL AV team, hoping they can fix this issue in the next release of TOTAL AV.
Currently, you can temporarily turn off the web shield feature in TOTAL AV so that you can download drivers with Driver Easy. Here is how to do it:
1) Launch TOTAL AV. Click the gear icon to open its settings.
2) Locate the Web Shield feature and turn it off.
3) Launch Driver Easy to download drivers.
Normally, after temporarily disabling the web shield feature, you should be able to download drivers in Driver Easy.
What to do if I’m not using ?
If you’re not using the antivirus software mentioned above but you still see this error message, please provide us the following information so that we can assist you better. We will get back and help you solve the problem soon.
- The Antivirus software you’re using on your computer
- Feedback of your system information
You can use the Driver Easy Feedback tool to send the information above to us. Here’s how to do it:
1) Open Driver Easy and click Feedback.
2) Enter your email address and the subject of this feedback (e.g. Download error). In the Description part, tell us the antivirus software you’re using. Tick the box next to Send your System Information and click Submit.
For more information on sending feedback using the Driver Easy feedback tool, please see https://www.drivereasy.com/help55/feedback/.